View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 01:41 PM   #207
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
1 million percent. This thread is exactly why many higher level teams don't even allow parents to stay and watch practices.

I know a coach that was coaching one of the MLS Academy teams. He was telling me about during tryout the mom of the best player on the team was questioning him about playing time and playing position. He was called over and cut from the team immediately.

When you have coaches that are being paid and paid well they do not want to deal with crap from parents.

In summary, pete, you are in the wrong.
Not sure he is in the wrong since he has not done much except at this point question to himself some moves about a coach. On the plus side is that the problems seem pretty minor, probably has to do with inexperience and youth of the coach. On the down side, not sure there is much you can do about it. Most of the coaches are not going to accept in season criticism from a parent.

To me all you can really do is at the end of the season or after your son is done with this particular coach maybe then have a conversation/letter about some of these minor points he could improve upon. If he is serious about coaching youth it might be something he will actually think about.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli