Thread: Football Lamar Jackson
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 11:50 PM   #367
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I think people are going way too far with this football environmentalism, or "sustainability".

I will agree that a QB that relies on athleticism like Lamar won't be in the NFL 20 years like a Brady. But very few non-athletic QB's have a career like that. Why? The biggest reason is you need to be good to last more than a few years as a starter.

Now let's look at Lamar himself. This guy was never injured in college or in the pros and he ran it all the time. Lamar does not take direct shots the way a Cam Newton does. He wiggles and shakes. Just like different RB's last at different rates, Lamar is slippery as hell.

Lamar also doesn't take the shots non-mobile QB's take in the pocket. I would bet on a Josh Rosen getting injured first over a Lamar.

It's hard enough to predict a few games ahead as it is years down the road. But Lamar, like Patrick, is on a team with a top head coach and organization and he is still ascending.

Just enjoy watching the kid play and be glad he's not in our division.
Juan Thornhill says hi.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.