Thread: Movies and TV Top gun trailer
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 09:24 AM   #89
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Watched this tonight and was impressed. It had some great action scenes and did not take itself too seriously while connecting back to the original film.

Looks like it will be the Blockbuster hit of the summer.
It's how a sequel should be done.

It paid homage to the original and gave you enough callbacks to and developments from those original characters to appreciate them as critical throughput.

Contrast that to Kathleen Kennedy's approach to Star Wars. Had Kennedy and Rian Johnson made this movie, Tom Cruise would've been a brain damaged homeless hermit suffering from PTSD and pan-handling in LA, Rooster would've had an awkward and unnecessary love interest and the main character would turn out to be Penny Benjamin's daughter, who learns how to fly in 2 weeks and ends up completing the mission on her own.

You can make a damn entertaining sequel without shitting on the original subject material and that's exactly what this did. At times it got a little heavy on the fan service but it was all fan service I LIKED. I mean the intro was completely shoe-horned in there and meant absolutely nothing, it was a blatant callback. And I didn't give a damn - it was still awesome.

And this is the first time I can remember Tom Cruise actually having romantic chemistry with the female lead. I mean Cocktail may be the last time I can think of him having a relationship in a movie that I actually bought. He and Jennifer Connelly work extremely well.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote