Thread: Movies and TV Netflix: Mindhunter
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 06:21 PM   #115
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN47 View Post
There's just as much racism in Ann Arbor (if not more) than in Birmingham; just as much in Hartford as there is in Macon. It's just far, far more devious and clandestine. .
Having family there, and spending time there, my question would be whether that's a northern thing, or a Michigan thing. And I would tend more towards it being Michigan. And it's not clandestine. There's a pretty significant population there, especially in the rural areas, of just straight-up, straightforward racists. I haven't really encountered it anywhere else, at least not on the northeastern side of the map.

But that said it wouldn't surprise me if that's how people are outside of urban areas everywhere, north, south, east or west. Because it's kind of hard to build a rapport with or respect for any segment of the population, be they black or other minorities, that you've never actually had any contact with. Ignorance is the real root of the problem, I've always believed. People can get so easily stuck in their bubble, and that's a problem that goes way beyond skin pigment.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.