Thread: Other Sports Iditarod
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 01:39 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
Yeah, Rome says that but he never comes up here and he never sees it in person. He never sees the vets that donate their time to ensure dogs’ welfare. He never sees the mushers that mush for miles with a dog in their arms because they are concerned about that dog. He never sees the award given for the musher who best takes care of his dog. No. He just flaps his jaws from SoCal without having the goddamn guts to actually come up here and look at what actually happens.

Well, **** Jim Rome.

I’ve said before that sled dogs are bat shit crazy. They run. They run like nobody’s business. They live to run. They were born to run. I visited a friend the first winter I was up here. He lived in Kotzebue (north of Nome) and he had a dog team. He took me out for a run and I served as ballast. To prevent the dogs from running away with the sled while the musher is harnessing other dogs, they use boat anchors to anchor the sled into the snow. My friend used 2 boat anchorage, one off each side of the back end of the sled, to prevent the dogs from running. And yet when those dogs got into the harness, they were straining at the harness so hard, they were wanting to run so bad, that they dragged boat anchors through the snow. I’ve never seen anything like it.

I remember that run. A snow storm came in and we were running in white out conditions. You could not tell up from down. I know that sounds nuts but it looked like the dogs were climbing a ladder so you could not tell up from down. Yet those dogs knew the trail. Their ability to find the next mile marker was incredible.

Every musher I know mushes because they love dogs. And idiots like Jim Rome sit in their comfortable chairs and cast judgment with no knowledge of what actually happens. Well, I learned all I needed to know about Jim Rome when I saw Jim Everett beat the shit out of him. Jim just cowered. Hell, Jim wants to bitch about the Iditarod, let him run the Iron Dog: 2500 miles on a snowmachine from Anchorage to Nome to Fairbanks. No dogs. 2 man teams. Just hop on, Jim. You’re a big man. You have all the answers from your fat, cushy life in SoCal. You want to critize the Iditarod, at least show you have the cojones and the capacity to do an endurance race in the Alaska winter.

Jim Rome is a coward and a fraud and he can just rot.
Yea, I was wondering what PETA has to say about it too.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.