Thread: Devin Bush ILB
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 08:45 PM   #88
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Recall a guy named Ben Heeney? Pure ILB out of KU - fast, athletic and aggressive. Went in the 5th round and washed out in 3 years - clocked right at that 4.58. He simply didn't have the necessary feel to play the game at the next level - he just wanted to run around out there and I see waaaaaaay to much of that with Bush.

I'm arguing against my previous position here as an unabashed SPARQ whore but that's what happens when you remember a guy who looked a LOT like this guy who amounted to nothing.

Now on the flipside - Bush starts to sound a lot like Eric Kendricks as well. Kendricks went mid-2nd though I think he maybe had a little more of a standout college career than Bush; dude won the Butkus award as a SR. Granted, Bush was a finalist twice.

Explain to me what makes Bush a clearly superior prospect to Kendricks. I don't see a more aggressive mentality and in fact I think Kendricks is equally aggressive while also having a better feel in space. I don't think he's an obviously better athlete and there's a chance he tests out worse.

I just think he's more of a mid-2nd guy. And again, it may turn out that a mid-2nd round who fits our needs is the best we can do - it would just disappoint me if that's the case.
Lotta truth

My issue is once you get to 25 and later, I tho k the difference in a guy there and the mid 2nd is pretty much subjective opinion from each team.

If they think a guy would be there with one of their seconds sure. But if a guy is gonna go top of the 2nd that you really want just take him at 29
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.