Thread: Devin Bush ILB
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 04:30 PM   #81
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
I don't know, if the 3 big name tight ends are off the board, and all the potential first round safeties, LBs, corners and pass rushers all go then I can see why you would take Bush and not consider it a reach. But unless you only have very few needs then taking a guy who's more of a second round guy is still a reach.

Insane as it sounds, I'd still rather take a pure first round talent at a premium position than draft a 2nd round talent that you have a greater need for position wise in the 1st.
Sure - but I think this draft is only about 20 players deep in 'pure first round talents'. Maybe 25.

Now there's gonna be some QB reaches and someone snapping up a WR or OT that is probably higher than I'd go, but by the time you get to 29, your pickin's on 'pure first round talents' are gonna be awfully slim, especially at premium positions.

There's an excellent chance that you're looking at 1 of 2 things by then - a couple if 1st round talents at positions of secondary importance (I'm looking at you, Josh Jacobs) or a big ol' mash of borderline 1st/2nd round players at positions of higher importance and more significant relative need.

So that's how you end up with Devin Bush. You're looking at a half dozen guys of all roughly similar 'prospect value' with no clear standout option of the bunch so you go with need over taking perhaps a higher end player at RB or OG.

There's a world where Bush is our pick and I'm not upset about the pick, but that world requires 3 hours of dick punches as my preferred options get picked clean right ahead of us.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.