Thread: Devin Bush ILB
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 04:20 PM   #80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'm a SPARQ whore and just can't help it. I know it's stupid but man, gimme an athlete with a coaching staff and there's something I would be willing to work with.

The problem with the 'reach' analysis is the same as it ever was, especially in the late 1st. You can't extract the kind of price for that pick that I'd need to give it up AND you're not going to have Bush in the late 2nd in all likelihood. So if you want him, you can either get some piddly as 4th round pick to trade back (and risk losing him still) or take him in the 1st.

And if that's the guy you truly think best fits your team at that time, then there's no such thing as a reach.

I still don't think I'd do it.
I don't know, if the 3 big name tight ends are off the board, and all the potential first round safeties, LBs, corners and pass rushers all go then I can see why you would take Bush and not consider it a reach. But unless you only have very few needs then taking a guy who's more of a second round guy is still a reach.

Insane as it sounds, I'd still rather take a pure first round talent at a premium position than draft a 2nd round talent that you have a greater need for position wise in the 1st.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli