View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 10:52 AM   #31
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Y'know who Rankin kinda reminds me of? Jeff Allen.

Allen played some T at the NFL level after playing it in college and did okay at it because he's just a pretty broad dude. So he'd move (alright) and make guys take an extra step to beat him. He wasn't going to be able to hold up on an island for long drops, but he could buy you just enough time for a conventional 3-5 step setup by simply being large and in the way.

When he played G, his average athleticism could be masked a bit and he was a solid if unspectacular player there. Ultimately he was a pretty typical good college T who needed to go inside at the next level but could fill in outside in a pinch.

Rankin's a pretty broad guy and like I said - his pedigree as a 1st team all-SEC left tackle says he has plenty of potential and versatility. Seems like he's cut from an awfully similar cloth to Allen but Allen was just a little more polished, IMO. Rankin's shown some rough edges in Texas and again last season in KC. He can be better than Wylie, but he still needs to work on his craft to get there. I'm not convinced he's more than a lateral move if he hasn't improved from where he was last season.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.