View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 09:22 AM   #101
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
You wouldn't believe the moronic crap I see trainers have their clients do....ball balancing while doing curls, lunges while doing shoulder presses, etc. Thosebare very complex movements that take lots of coordination and someone new to exercise won't be able to get an efficient workout doing that kind of stuff. If you hire a trainer that has you do that, fire them ASAP and find someone else.
One thing I saw recently online was cable rack squats where a trainer says to stand way back to get the weights off the rack, then do squats.... you're basically just pulling the weight towards you and probably not doing much in terms of squat resistance.

It looked dumb and I tried it that way and it was complete pointless outside of a little bit of balance I guess, if you have some decent weight on it. You can certainly do squats with the machine,, but have to stand in line with the pulleys so the resistance is (obviously) vertical.

So, moronic in the opposite sense that it's almost a completely pointless exercise... even a beginner could just do body weight squats or a light goblet squat. Horizontal resistance on a squat doesn't seem like it should be a thing.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.