Thread: Movies and TV Starfield (Skyrim in Space)
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 08:24 PM   #86
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh4chiefs View Post
I finally got around to starting this up tonight and frankly all these decisions about character build choices, optional attributes, and skill trees give me "skill tree anxiety." I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have the patience to go back and start over if I'd gotten to level 20.

The game doesn't tell you shit and I'd like to blame it on me being jet lagged, but I'm really struggling to figure out much of anything. (For example, a big goose egg on my first lock picking attempt, still don't understand that at all. ) I don't remember Fallout being this hard to figure out. Youtube has been my constant companion tonight.

I think I'm getting too old for this shit. I definitely don't have the patience for the learning curve.
I'm right there with you, brother. I'm 58. I learn slowly and forget quickly. And yes, this game basically throws you into the deep end and gives you the finger as you're drowning. Stick with it, though. It is worth the slog.

I'm finally starting to get somewhat competent in the shipbuilding department. I found a good video about upgrading one particular ship and followed the instructions exactly. Later I was able to improve on it by swapping out/adding components, and came away with much more maneuverability and power. Later tonight I think I'll do a complete rebuild of one of the pirate vessels I captured (you delete every component and then start from scratch) and see if I can create something useful. I've watched enough videos that I should be able to.

After I get the ship stuff down, I'm going to start dabbling in creating outposts and modding equipment. The problem is you have to unlock multiple skills by leveling up, and when you get to higher levels it obviously takes much longer to do that.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.