View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 05:10 PM   #3833
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I think we can push to be around .500 next year

I have to think we really weren't trying too hard giving Billy Hamilton, Lucas Duda, and Terrance Gore at bats.

We'll be greatly improved at Catcher. We have a good core in Merrifield, Mondesi, Dozier, and Soler.

Mondesi has been injury prone, but I think he'll play more games next year.

Junis had an unlucky year.

We'll be able to platoon McBroom/O'Hearn if we want due to the added roster spot.

We have alot of promising young bullpen arms who just got their feet wet. I expect them to be much better next year and we won't have to use Jorge Lopez and other jagoffs as much.

I think we should almost be thrilled about this last year. It wasn't about winning. It was about developing. Soler has developed into one of the best power hitters in baseball. Dozier has developed into a legitimate major league bat and player - something I really doubted would happen. Mondesi maintained his level of play. There is no way Whit cannot be for real, another .300 season. We learned Brad Keller is the real deal.

Alot of things to be pleased about moving forward. I just don't think we'll have enough talent to contend for a World Series once it's said and done - but it will be fun to be competitive from 2022-2026.

The 1-5 of the lineup will be productive. Offense might actually be decent if they add a piece and address the 7-9 black hole. I think Lopez will be better, but it may just be “average regular” better. He’s got a nice glove, though, so if he can hit .270/.320 he’s valuable.

I’d consider moving Mondesi to CF full-time. Would help him stay healthy, I think.

Should see a few of the young pitchers next year, and see improvement on that side of the ball. I don’t expect Cal Eldred back, so hopefully they bring in someone with a track record of success in helping young P improve.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.