View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 07:12 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
and yet some of those guys are expected (at this point, and by who? drafturbators that get paid to prognosticate, so whatever) to go later. I like Williams, but nobody's got him going in the first, and some of the names there go much later.

I kind of zero in on DE at #31 (which is where PFN has us) because the 2nd seems to be a good spot for WR's.
Williams would be a top-15 pick if it weren't for the off-the-field issues in 2020 where he was charged with felony sexual battery (charges dropped 2 months later). How teams decide they feel about that situation will dictate his grade. He's 6'4" 265 and runs a 4.45 forty and just dropped 12.5 sacks in the SEC. Given he seems to have made some significant changes (I can only read and interpret), I'd fully take that chance at the end of round 1. That said, if the team feels he'll be there at the end of 2 or the end of 3 or wherever that might be, I think you take the kid in the spot.

We'll have to see where things shake out and who declares this year.

Obviously, you have Hutchinson, Ojabo, Karlaftis, and Thibodeaux rated as round 1 guys and I've seen Ebiketie, Johnson, and Thomas in that discussion. I'd say most of the rest of those guys are 2nd or 3rd rounders (smaller school guys like Fayad, Patchan, etc). So, really, the position looks really deep and you're not necessarily pegged to taking edge in 1.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote