View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 09:44 AM   #840
That's just f***in' stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
One of those bands I've never listened to much. I seem to like it when I hear them, but then kind of forget to listen to more of their work.
Check out obZen. I find it to be their "easiest" album to consume. Much of their work is esoteric...confined to those who really REALLY get into syncopation. Their drummer, Tomas Haake, is a machine who often simultaneously plays multiple time signatures, with guitars aligned to one sig, bass on another, and vox on yet another. It is hyper-aggresive and heavy af, so in combination makes them a not so easy listen for many. I love it, but many of my metalhead friends even have a hard time. On obZen they are more straight-forward, thus my recommendation. Once you get hooked, then the wilder stuff becomes easier to appreciate.

As an aside, Danny Carey is a huge fan... as are most insanely talented drummers. Meshuggah is all about time. Rhythms. Combinations and patterns, then disrupting each and doing something truly unique.
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.