View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #44
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
My great grandfather came here from Sweden and married a woman who also immigrated from Sweden so we know that I am at least 25% Swedish. My dad did the Ancestry DNA test and came back ~20% Swedish. So yeah, these tests are not very accurate in that manner.

However, my brother has really run with the information that we already had and has found that all of the old census records in Sweden have been digitized! He has extended our knowledge on that end by several generations as a result. He also wound up finding a relative on my mom's side who was illegitimate and never knew his birth heritage. No one in the family even knew it happened (great aunt got pregnant during WWII while hubby was gone. Oops!). So this 70+ year old man is just now learning about his lineage. Pretty cool although a few people in the family are not happy about this turn of events.
Good stuff! My 2 GG immigrated from Sweden and married a woman in Illinois who was also from Sweden.

Are the digitized records from Sweden included in Ancestry.com or in a separate database? I'd be curious to know if I could get access.

I found a 4th cousin in Sweden over the holidays via the DNA report, but we can't seem to find the connection in our family trees, so I have no idea at this point how we're related.
Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.