View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 07:06 PM   #852
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
We all love a good ghost story, even a retold one many might have forgotten...
I’ll share my wife’s story since there’s more content.

About 10 years ago I made a thread asking CP if I should move into this Duplex. http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthrea...92#post6200592

I was going to get a killer deal on the rent with a possible rent-to-own scenario. The inside was freshly re-modeled while the outside might be the ugliest, most hideous thing you ever did see. Looked like something out of Iraq, but it too was due to be remodeled, as the unit was deemed Historical.

The owner of the property was a friend of the family, and my (now wife, GF at the time) had lived there as a young teenager.

The issue was that she claimed this property was haunted. The other unit (where my wife saw the ghosts) had burned up in a fire.

She claims to have seen a young boy sitting in the corner of her room, and at times she could hear footsteps running up and down the stairs and the sound of children playing. She would also occasionally see a red-eyed, black dog.

When she’d share these stories I always doubted them. But her mother claims to have seen the dog as well (but not the boy or any footsteps). As the story goes, my wife had heard footsteps on the stairs again that night and ran into her mother’s room to sleep with her. Later that night, my wife woke to the sound of a growling dog at the foot of the bed. She woke up mom who also saw the dog, growling with glowing red eyes. They both threw the covers over their heads and began praying. Then silence. When they pulled the covers back, the dog was gone.

They eventually moved, and at some point, the inside of the home caught fire and was completely gutted.

My wife’s brother (a contractor) was hired to remodel the unit. The idea initially was to tear the whole thing down, but San Diego stepped in and forbade it as it was deemed a historical site. He hired my wife’s cousin as a hired hand, who decided to sleep on the job site one night.

The cousin is a grown ass man, in his 60’s. He had never heard my wife’s stories or anyone else’s. He claimed he spent two nights there, but never actually finished staying the 2nd night as he had heard foot steps going up and down the stair case. He took off in the middle of the night scared shitless.

……Now….that’s where I left off back when I made the thread in ’09….but then some other shit happened since then to make it a wee-bit weirder.
Ultimately my wife and I decided against moving there. Partly because the outside was ugly as sin, partly because she didn’t wanna any damn way, and we found a much nicer spot.

My brother in law (the contractor) decided to move his immediate family in and seize the opportunity. He would stay there rent free while he remodeled the other side.
His wife claimed to have seen a dark figured, hooded man standing outside at the curb one night, peering at the house. She called my wife immediately of course to share what she saw. She never saw anything else though.

After the entire remodel was complete, the original owner moved onto the property. She was an elderly, wealthy woman in her 70’s from Greece.

A few months later she died there in her sleep of natural causes. On the “haunted side” in the master bedroom where my wife and her mother claimed to have seen the red eyed dog.

And if that wasn’t strange enough…here’s the thing that made me go “hrrrmmmm”.
A few months after her death, I was picking my wife up from work (she works near the house) and a customer had come in.

This customer, a woman, (White hipster girl in her 20’s) was living in a house across the street from the “haunted house”. She had NO idea that my wife lived there, or anything about any paranormal activity, but did know her brother had remodeled it.

On our way out, the customer starts to make conversation. “Hey, why are they doing construction on that house so late at night?” she asks my wife.

My wife, looks at her puzzled and says, “My brother hasn’t worked there in almost a year. They finished remodeling it almost a year ago”.

The customer responds, “uh, I keep hearing loud banging sounds coming from that house late, late at night. Like 12am-2am”. I figured they were still working on it.”
My wife says, “no, the remodeling was finished. And no one has lived there since Donna (the property owner) passed away.”

My wife then goes on to tell her story…

Last edited by ModSocks; 02-26-2019 at 07:16 PM..
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.