Thread: Music Megadeth > Metallica
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #165
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Sounds to me like you simply don't appreciate the sludgy nature of their sound, and use that to call them 'garbage'.

I mean 'riff quotient'?

Damn, I bet you HATE rock and roll... what with them not noodling fast enough nor matching your riff quotient requirement.
On the first point, yes. You're right. I was always expressing that this was my tastes, my opinion, what works/doesn't work for me.

Noodling does not equal riffing. And I listen to a fair amount of rock. I don't expect metal when I listen to rock. When I listen to metal, well, I expect metal. In large part that means either great riffs, song structures, or atmosphere. Preferably all three. When it comes to thrash metal, that means bands like Heathen, Anacrusis, or Vektor. But you don't need all three. With thrash you just really need a good riff quotient. Listen to Dark Angel's album "Darkness Descends." It's got like 150+ riffs over the course of the album. That's an incredible riff quotient. The very opposite of what bores me.

Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.