View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 01:34 PM   #38
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I've expected them to trade down from #32 since they won the Superbowl.

There's WAY too much perimeter talent for the Chiefs to pass up and I'd love to see them grab a RB and WR within the first three rounds.

Regardless of their defensive holes, it's not a player or two away from being dominating unit, whereas adding a stellar rookie WR and RB might be enough to push this offense into the Greatest Of All Time conversation.
Why isn't the D a player or 2 away? The safeties are great, the DL is good/great. Ward and Fenton at CB are both solid. Hitchens, Wilson, and maybe Niemann/DOD make up most of a linebacker unit. I'd argue that the right picks at corner and linebacker could have the unit playing like a top 10 unit again by season end, barring significant injuries. The offense is already pretty much guaranteed to be top 5, especially if we can find some depth in rounds 3-5 at RB and IOL. If we trust that Hardman was a good pick last year, why would we need to use another high pick again on a receiver? And it's already been proven you can find good runningbacks in the middle rounds, it seems like a waste when we already have Williams and just need a solid #2 for him.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.