View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #1982
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I’ve said that QB makes a difference, but to say that a guy that hasn’t even hit 700 yards and has 6 TD’s total in two seasons is 1,000 yard 10 TD guy with better QB play is the very definition of projection, and it’s a pretty bold one.

I’m not saying the better QB play wouldn’t make a difference at all, I’m saying it wouldn’t necessarily make THAT much of a difference.

You’re talking about a difference of 400 yards and 7 TD’s. Almost doubling his production That is quite the projection.
There's no question the Broncos have been a mess. Fant's rookie season saw instability at QB and I believe his production was reflective of those issues and him being a rookie. How many rookie TEs in a good systems blow it up?

Fant's second season, they lose Sutton and he's playing with a bunch of other rookie and 2nd year receivers. His targets and receptions increased nicely, but his YPC dropped severely.

The OL has improved each year (that helps) and with Sutton back and guys like Jeudy, Hamler and Patrick have actual experience (that helps), not to forget the addition of Williams at RB with Gordon. I think he'll be much better than Lindsay. And, I liked Lindsay... but, I believe Williams is much better.

Will Fant double his production? Maybe not, but I expect the targets and receptions to increase and believe he can be an 80 catch receiver with 900-1,000 yards and 5-8 TDs.

It's all on the QBs this year.. Lock or Teddy have this year to prove either of them is worth investing in beyond 2021. The receivers and backs are a talented group.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.