View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 12:53 PM   #5743
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Nothing as fun as skulling a 4 iron in 20 degree weather.

I can still remember that horrid feeling that lasted another 6-7 holes.

Also it's great watching a golf ball break in half when it's too cold.
I've split the cover on a wound balata never had a 2 piece split in half though. For winter golf I always bought that cheapest ball could find that felt ok. Pro Staff fit that bill and you could get fluorescent orange or yellow if snow along the shady parts of the course was still down.

I think all my years working in the weather made me less sensitive to the elements. I spent 4 years as a survey instrument man before became a party chief standing in open fields on a hill in wind and air temps near zero wind chills well below. Those were some cold days dialing in the micrometer on a theodolite which couldn't be done accurately in heavy gloves. The party chief and rod and chainman were able to stay warm moving the guy behind the eyepiece was a standing still popcicle.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.