Thread: Movies and TV Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet'
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 01:55 PM   #55
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Hans basically runs a pyramid scheme.

He brings in young composers, pays them very poorly (at one point, as little as $12 dollars an hour). After getting his coffee and lunch and running errands for him for years on end, he'll finally allow these composers to score specific scenes, then puts his name on the copyright, regardless of whether or not he wrote a single note, then sits back and collects between $3-4 million per film.

Some guys break out of his grasp, like Klaus Badelt, who scored the first Pirates of the Carribean movie, only to have Hans pull it away from him after the success of the first film (Klaus and Hans had a MAJOR two year fight that ended in a massive settlement for Klaus).

Other guys toil away for years on end, hoping for their chance before they finally give up and go elsewhere (a lot of guys just quit the business altogether after working for him). I've known several people, from composers to orchestraters, that absolutely hate the man (as does his wife, who's handled all of his business transactions and is now divorcing him) and have stories for days about the shenanigans Hans would pull.

He's also been sued for copyright infringement on multiple occasions and a very close friend of mine is suing him a second time since 2015 in a case that's almost open and shut because he ripped off something almost note-for-note and beat-for-beat. I seriously doubt the untrained ear would even detect a difference.

Also, his company had to redo the Cue Sheet Submission for The Dark Knight in order to be eligible for an Oscar because it listed 17 composers on ONE CUE, which was well over the limit.
Damn you Hans. Damn you. Well, despite being an asshole he knows how to pick the composers & have them mold beautiful music.

Based on my minimal reading of the internet, it appears Zimmer claims that Nolan wanted him to do Tenet but he couldn't because of obligations with the new Dune film. Sniffs like BS to me. Does Zimmer have an affiliation with this Ludwig Gorannson guy?

Last edited by BWillie; 07-31-2020 at 02:01 PM..
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.