Thread: Football Andrew Luck Retires
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 02:14 PM   #818
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Actually, let me walk that back juuuuuuust a little bit.

Remember that time the Colts were about to move on from Pagano and Grigson but instead of doing that decided to extend them BOTH to the shock of just about everyone?

https://deadspin.com/what-are-the-co...ing-1751092649

And why? Because "talks with Sean Payton broke down..."

So if Irsay pays what it would've taken to get Payton in 2016 and shitcans Grigson a year sooner - do things play out differently? Luck had absorbed quite a pounding by then but the lost 2017 season hadn't happened yet (just the lost 2015 season).

It may not have saved things; Grigson was such a cataclysmic failure that he may have already sowed the seeds of Luck's eventual retirement even prior to the 2016 season. But then again, I gotta imagine playing for Sean Payton would be quite a bit of fun as a QB and maybe the debacle of 2017 never happens with him instead.

But really - Ryan Grigson, man. What a moron. I mean when your GM looks like a sallow and particularly unintelligent mutant, maybe that should've been a red flag. The guy looks like a nuclear experiment that worked for a minute - then they left him in there cooking just a little too long and things went terribly awry. And I'm not sure he's physically capable of breathing through his nose.

Or tying his own shoes.

I mean as much as I hate Scott Pioli, I'd have taken him 100 times out of 100 over Ryan Grigson. That guy may be the worst executive in the history of professional sports.
Actually, Grigsons not even the worst GM in Colts history. That would be Jim himself, who was GM from 84 to 93. In those ten years, the Colts went 59-100 and made the playoffs one stinking time, in 87, the year after Jim traded 5(!!)1st and 2nd round picks and Greg Bell to LA for Eric Dickerson.

Edit-^^^^I’m not doing this trade justice in describing how bad it was. The Colts had drafted Cornelius Bennett, one of the better linebackers of the late 80’s/90’s, but Bob Irsay was to cheap to pay him. So they traded him to Buffalo for their 1st and 2nd round picks and used them in the Dickerson deal, plus their own 1st and 2nd AND a future second round pick.

Last edited by Hoopsdoc; 08-29-2019 at 02:26 PM..
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.