View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 10:38 PM   #17043
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
Rich Eisen really likes The Patural, a play on The Natural.

I feel like Mahomes must have some type of marketing, or endorsement deal coming in the off-season, that features his nickname "Showtime" because I can't think of any other reason he would specifically ask ESPN to refer to him as Showtime.

When they said last night that they were calling him Showtime at his request, I couldn't think of any other player doing something like that other than Deion Sanders "Prime Time"

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
I don't think it has anything to do with endorsements. His father called him Showtime as a small kid. I don't blame Pat for wanting to stick to the nickname his dad gave him.

When he was at Tech, a lot of people called him Patty Ice. I think "Magic" is a very accurate description of how he plays the game, even if people think it's too much of a copycat name after Magic Johnson.

In the end I could see something simple like Saint Patrick being the one that sticks. Sort of like Big Ben. Patrick is a pretty unique first name for quarterbacks. I'd be curious to know who is the most recent NFL starting QB with the first name Patrick before Mahomes showed up in the league.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.