View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 05:47 AM   #4201
World's Best Boss

Do you know how great it is to NOT have to read articles like this after a crushing playoff loss?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ins/113142304/

Quote:
Nick Bosa said he hasn’t been able to watch the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl even once. Jimmie Ward needed to wait more than a month to pop in that tape and has watched it maybe 20 times.
The Super Bowl loss that came after San Francisco blew a 10-point fourth-quarter lead over the Kansas City Chiefs still hovers over the 49ers six months later as they begin preparations for what they hope will be a title run this time.

“We all have that ingrained in our brain,” defensive lineman Arik Armstead said. “It’s all motivating us and pushing us to get back there. I think we had such an amazing year last year and we want to continue to get better and move forward. I know we’re all excited to get back to work and try to get back to Super Bowl and win this time.”
I swear I read articles like this after 03, 13, and 97. All years where we didn’t get back in the playoffs after those soul crushing losses in the playoffs. 97 is particularly foreboding, as Dave Szott openly said they’d be careful that loss wouldn’t “break the team.” Some teams just don’t bounce back from losses like that.

It’s also been nice to see literally zero of the Niners blaming the refs for the game. The opportunity is there for them to do it, but they all seem to know they got beat and lost the game in the 4th quarter.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 08-14-2020 at 11:03 AM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote