Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 06:32 PM   #1501
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I watched Boardwalk Empire on the recommendation of Twisted Chief.

It’s worth the time if you have HBO for something else.

It does a LOT of things well. It manages a lot of personalities well. It does the period stuff awesome. Which I’m a total goober for. It mixes in some historical characters pretty well, and IMO does a really nice job with Lucky Luciano and Capone on later seasons. Also
Spoiler!

It had some pretty compelling characters. Richard Harrow was probably the best performed. Chalky was another one that just killed it.

It’s not perfect. It misses the mark on some stuff. About the middle of Season 3, goddamn everybody is unlikable and it became a tougher watch but pulled it back up and let you root for people again.

All in all it was a good one. Thanks Twisted.
Chalky and Arnold Rothstein. Valentine Narcisse. Great characters.

Glad you enjoyed, man. I've considered a rewatch of that one but there's so much else to get through.

Is Ted Lasso a must-see, guys? I don't know why but I so very much prefer binge watching dramas over comedies. E.g., I recognize the brilliance of Schitt's Creek but it still seems too saccharine to plow through in binge fashion.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.