View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 09:09 AM   #5149
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
As i transition from a kid to an adult and father im wanting a different things from my car. It's a 67 chevy II with 496 and th400 with a manual valve body. I'm currently shopping the Holley Xflow kit for an efi conversion and searching for a 4l80e to make the overdrive conversion. All that said has anyone used the holley or similar efi systems? I've researched holley extensively and the xflow feels like the fit for me. All calculations lead me to an estimated 655 hp and all the other units are rated for 650hp or a lot more. The Xflow seems to be a happy medium.
Just know that with any of these EFI kits, it'll need a tune. They advertise that it works great out of the box, and that's why they get mixed reviews. Because it doesn't. You're effectively building a custom car, so "works right out the box" is kinda bullshit to begin with because every car is different.

I am a Holley dealer. Just understand that Holley tech service is atrocious. It's really ****ing bad, man.

They're too big. They're so busy buying everyone out, but they haven't improved at all on the customer service side. It's like they haven't grown their team, despite buying out all these brands. So when you call expect a long hold. And don't expect top notch service. They're regarded pretty horribly by those who deal with them regularly.

I have a customer who NEVER got his Sniper EFI system issue resolved. Which included them sending a bad part twice. Luckily he didn't buy it from me so i didn't deal with it, but still, sucks for him.

I probably shouldn't be saying that since im a dealer, but as a fellow CPer, you should know.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.