View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 09:00 AM   #5147
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I have a Fitech EFI on my 65' Chevy II with a 434CI SBC. You will get mixed reviews if you search online but 95% of issues are user/installer related. Fitech systems (they have different options) can handle up to 1200HP with the proper fuel system.

Seems all of the off the shelf EFI has their plusses and minuses. One thing I would make sure of is you can get one that you can turn off the self learning feature at some point as they tend to hit a top of the learning curve and go off the back end basically detuning. I'm taking my car to get dyno tuned and have them turn off the self learn mode.
I actually know the owner of Fi-tech. He used one of his early systems on one of our Mustangs over a decade ago. Came to our shop to install it. Turbo charged 392. Back then it was "RetroTek". Then he sold that and it became "Powerjection". He restarted again and it became Fi-Tech.

When it comes to these sorts of systems my advice would be to still have it tuned by a professional tuner. I know they're suppose to be self learning etc, but we always found best results by getting it tuned.

And it's not just Fi-Tech, it's any of those throttle body EFI kits really. People have mixed reviews on all of them, not just Fi-Tech.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.