Thread: Movies and TV The Boys (Amazon)
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 11:36 AM   #172
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Homelander's egregious behavior portrayed as representative of conservative Americans as viewed through the lens of the social justice contingent.
If conservatives watching Homeland's behavior believe that the character's portrayal can in any way be interpreted as representative of them, regardless of the lens through which it's being presented, then maybe they need do some soul searching. Because that to me sounds an awful lot like the pangs of a guilty conscience.

I've seen Homeland's behavior the entire time, including this season, as being representative of who Superman would be, if, instead of a farm in Kansas (about as wholesomely conservative an environment as you can get...) he'd instead been raised in a lab by a scientist devoid of much human emotion or empathy (which tends to be how the 'highly educated' (read: communists) are portrayed). Resulting in a lonely, narcissist shell of a superbeing.

I mean, sure, on a surface level he's a spoiled brat who's never worked a day in his life, craves attention and adoration, and spends all his time on social media. Which, yeah, sounds like it may have been intended to be a caricature of a certain commander in chief. But I wouldn't say that's what every conservative is. At all.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.