View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 11:08 AM   #1610
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
If I could have a do over, I'd purchase a Yoder.

The traeger does make some great food. It lacks in the smoke department though. It's the one thing I wish it would do.

As far as the super high temps, I don't mind not being able to leave nice grill marks on it.
If you're trying to up your smoker game on a Traeger, give this a shot:

https://www.outlandusa.com/p/a-maze-...FYGFaQodpc0PgQ

People absolutely swear by them. I've thought about grabbing one just to do small smokes on my Weber instead of getting out my smoker and using a whole bag of charcoal.

The grill marks aren't the issue, the maillard reaction is. Sure, you can get a little of it as low as 300, but to get a legitimate char on things like steaks, you need to be in the 600+ range, IMO. Just a quick kiss at those temperatures (again, using a 2-stage fire for things like pork or chicken breasts) does wonders for the flavor.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.