View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 01:12 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
Thank God for that. Filoni has a great relationship with Lucas too.

Have you watched the Maldalorian documentry on Disney +? Filoni talks about Duel of the Fates at the end of the second episode..and it really puts a different spin on the prequels, in a very good and compelling way.
Yes, I've watched all three episodes. I found the first and third episodes to be pretty compelling but the second episode, disjointed and kind of weird, outside of the end. Lucasfilm was already behind the 8-Ball in terms of Original Content when the service launched back in November and they're really scrambling to find some content - any content - which is why this particular program is airing at this point.

That said, I think it's really cool that they're actually showcasing their new "model" for Star Wars TV series and films moving forward: Putting together a disparate group of filmmakers, all working together to help each other achieve a singular vision, while working with each other in order to a reach that vision.

The one aspect that really hasn't been addressed is that Taika Waititi must have huge love for Star Wars. He recently made an Oscar Winning movie and before that, made a movie that grossed $854 Million at the box office in Thor: Ragnorak. Thor: Love & Thunder is next on the books for him in addition to being part of the Star War TV team AND co-writer and director of an upcoming Star Wars feature film! A guy with those credentials could pretty much do anything in the world of feature films for the next 5-8 years, no questions asked, but he's chosen to be a huge part of Star Wars moving forward.

I think that bodes well for the next iteration of the Star Wars universe.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote