Thread: Movies and TV MCU Meta Discussion
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 10:18 AM   #178
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
Scripts and direction seemed to be the problem with the Garfield Spiderman movies. I thought he was fine as Spiderman.

Not nearly as good as Holland though. Both of Holland's Spiderman movies have gotten better with subsequent watchings. Much like Dr Strange and Thor Ragnarok.
For me, Tom Holland has been absolutely pitch perfect as Spider-Man. The cast has been absolutely perfect, the movies light-hearted and fun yet heavy at times. The relationship between Iron Man and Spider-Man feels so real and is so endearing that I forget that I’m watching a Super Hero movie. And of course, the banter and relationship between Happy, Aunt Mae and Peter has been a blast to watch.

The only “complaint” I have about the Holland-led Spider-Man films is that most likely, we won’t see Jake Gyllenhall again, who based on his performance, would have been the perfect guy to lead the Avengers into their next phase, obviously as a different character.

His performance was fantastic, IMO, and is right up there with RDJ, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Mark Ruffalo’s best performances in the MCU.

Maybe if Wanda warps reality, we’ll see Gyllenhall return but as Tony Stark, Ariel not many could pull off, especially after RDJ, but based on Far From Home, Gyllenhall would be the perfect fit, IMO.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.