Thread: Movies and TV Mortal Kombat (2021)
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 07:18 AM   #59
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

It's a tough ask to create a Mortal Kombat movie in this day and age that are worse than Mortal Kombat (1995) and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997) but this movie accomplishes that task in spades. The story in convoluted, the characters plain, wooden (Kano being the one exception) and utterly forgettable, and the costumes look like something from a Troma flick from the 80's.

The charm, if you can call it that, of the original movies from the 90's is that these movies helped enhance and expand the storyline from the game. This most recent nostalgia cash grab, and let's be honest that's what this was, neither enhances or expands the story or the characters from the games.

What the producers of this movie missed is the fact that the Mortal Kombat games have a deep and expansive story that has been a huge part of the games. You get to play through the story as different characters and be part of the plot as it unfolds. Hell, the writing, plot and voice acting from the story mode from MK 10 and MK 11 are light years ahead of this dreck.

I couldn't even enjoy this movie as a "shut your mind of and enjoy mindless entertainment" type flick. It's not a dumb action movie, it insults my intelligence as a long time fan of the franchise. Maybe the next movie, if it gets made, will be better but I have my doubts.

And if you have around 12 free hours, here's all the cut scenes from MK 9, MK 10, and MK 11.

Spoiler!
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.