View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 08:24 AM   #211
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
As Simms said, look for the Chiefs to continue last week’s defensive strategy. The biggest issue over the first 5 games was not keeping it simple. They were trying to throw too many complicated coverages at teams and weren’t executing well. This led to a lot of breakdowns.

Against Washington, they kept it simple in coverage and blitzed more aggressively. And voila, suddenly they looked like the defense we’ve seen the last two years. It was ludicrous to think that a relatively solid defense turned into a historically bad defense overnight. They were just trying too many new things and were consistently screwing up the details.

Limiting Sorenson’s snaps and moving Jones back to DT are two more important steps to get back to where they need to be.
I just can't believe they didn't do it sooner. They literally expiremented with doing that at the worst time of their schedule in AFC playoff seeding games. I guess you have to try it out for an extended time to let players get the hang of it but damn. I'd have thought by the Bills game they'd have said ok this ain't working and we really want to win this game. Instead they waited till the week after and got embarrassed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.