Thread: Movies and TV Wonder Woman 1984 trailer
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 03:12 PM   #78
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Wow. Kinda surprised they didn’t just bump it again until next summer?
Because they'd need to spend at least $50 million more on worldwide marketing.

Quote:
I guess they need a big event for HBOMax??
As mentioned in a related thread, HBO Max has only 8 million activations out of 36 million HBO subscribers. If they want to compete with Disney+, Netflix and Amazon, they're going to need high quality content in order to woo viewers.

This might be too little, too late but it'll be interesting to see how many new activations there are in the months December & January.

Quote:
But if I’m being honest, why would I go pay to see it in a movie theater when it will just pop up for free on HBOMax?
Well, it's not exactly "Free". You have to be an HBO Max subscriber and a standalone sub is $14.99 a month, which is a few dollars less than a single movie ticket in LA or NY.

It will be curious to see how many people sign up just to watch this movie. As I mentioned yesterday, this most likely means that a deal with Roku is coming soon because otherwise, more than 45% of their subscriber base will be unable to watch it.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.