Thread: Other Sports SCUBA
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 07:24 PM   #68
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Well that's kind of in the middle of nowhere! LIKE!!!

If you ever have the chance to dive Guam (before it tips over), I'd highly recommend it... Examples here.
Yeah, never done that area. It's on the list for sure. Galapagos too. Though not sure I can ever live on a boat for several days and dive intermittently.

Maldives was amazing for a variety of reasons but each resort is on its own island. The diving is outstanding but travel time to each site can be forever. The most amazing schools of fish I'll ever encounter. There's every type of dive there if you search for it.

Bora Bora is my favorite place to dive. Multiple sites nearby and all pay dividends with experiences. You have a nearby dive to see mantas, another to be surrounded by 20 lemon and reef sharks, and then another to see a school of 30 eagle rays. This was very rewarding.

Hawaii didn't blow me away, but there was a gimmicky night manta ray dive which was perhaps the coolest thing I've ever done.

I did my PADI Discover Scuba in Fiji and then dove there again a few years later when I was more serious. Similar to the Maldives. A lot of amazing stuff and all are spread out. Gorgeous.

In the Caribbean I've done Turks many times and the Caymans. A lot of really nice experiences there but they're relaxed.

Regardless, if you're reading this thread and interested, go get certified. If you're just underwater for 45 minutes concentrating on your breathing in a relaxed state, it's still one of the best forms of therapeutic meditation that you'll encounter.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.