View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 10:30 AM   #72
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
What I like to do is get a smaller size SSD for your executables and a large capacity HDD for media.

I would suggest you get an M.2 SSD for your Windows and games.

And then get a few TB in HDD for your media files.
I agree.

I'm not familiar with how much space video games use on the system drive but mine is packed with programs and I still have 30 gigs left on a 250 GB Samsung SSD.

Instead of a 4 TB 5400 rpm drive, I'd recommend a one or two TB 7200 rpm internal drive along with a 2 TB or larger external drive. It appears the case has 7 drive slots (if I'm reading it correctly) and putting everything on a 4TB drive is asking for a disaster to happen because if it dies, there goes all of your data.

To clarify, I'm not a gamer but I do believe in having data backup and faster drives for performance. I've had excellent luck with the WD Black drives for audio and video:

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Perform...s%2C204&sr=8-3
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.