View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 03:46 PM   #1192
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I've seen that Hawking quote and have mixed feelings about it. I get the logic, but assuming that an advanced civilization will show up as oppressors an automatically attempt to oppress us because they're more advanced is as short sighted as we as humans thinking we have 100% figured out all there is to know about physics and space flight. IF there is life out there observing us, we have so so much to learn, just the same as with travel through space.
I just can't think of any other reason why an alien civilization would visit Earth, other than to search out resources. It's the same motivation that NASA and Space X have for our future in colonizing the Moon and Mars. Musk wants to terraform Mars for human expansion and I assume that any existing bacteria or lower life forms found on Mars would not stop humankind from establishing colonies or even terraforming the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
These UFO's are a perfect example of that. Pilots are on record having observed them stating that these craft travel in ways that defy the laws of physics. Has mankind reached a point where we can bend physics or are these visitors from another place or time? We (the public, anyway) just don't know that yet.
Well, they're definitely not from another time. It's impossible to move back in time because it's a man made construct and does not exist outside of humans. Lower life forms on this planet have no concept of time - only humans perceive time.

There have been plenty of scientists with theories of how to warp space and travel at light speed (or faster) but we just don't have an energy source at this point in time able to provide the necessary fuel to travel between the stars.

All of our probes out there, from Voyager 1 and 2 to the current Mars lander, can only travel at a speed of about 26,000 miles per hour, which sounds like a lot but when that's compared to Light Speed, which is more than 11 million miles per hour, it's a snail's pace.

If an alien civilization recently sent drones and probes to Earth, it's a safe bet that they are so far technologically advanced that we would serve no purpose to them, whatsoever and therefore, we would be nothing but an inconvenient hindrance to their goals.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote