View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 05:07 AM   #2
Supporter

Sheryl Crow was on Stern a week or so back and it reminded me of one my favorite songs of hers, which happens to be a cover. By all rights, it should be her biggest hit, because her voice on it is immaculate. The whole album has stellar songs [I mean, C'mon. . . it's The Carpenters, and Neil Sedaka to boot], but this is my favorite.

Don't think I've ever got to the part starting around 3:00-3:05 without a least a few tears.

Still not as good as Karen, but IMO no one is or has been. But Sheryl is good as it gets nowadays, and even more powerful in moments.

Karen's voice is superior, but she's singing in 70s ballad/standard style, sweet and safe and with a full orchestra, while Sheryl had 20 years to cogitate on a more emotional bluesy take.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 05-17-2022 at 05:24 AM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.