View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 10:56 AM   #97
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Did I say reach for one? NO.

Did I say it's now an area of need? YES.

There are a few guys that might very well be best player available at #32 that happen to be OT's. And we have Niang returning, and we have TWO offensive tackle spots to fill. Certainly there are a few OT's that are being mocked right around there. That's not dumb. It's just that it's not what YOU want to do, so you're arguing against it, which is fine, but there's nothing dumb about it.

In your previous OT list, by the way, are some RT's. I don't think it's a wild stretch to say that most quality LT's are first rounders. It's just not.

Maybe we can fill the spots in FA, or one in FA, and one from within with a young guy moving up, and only Veach and Reid know what we have there.

But to say it's DUMB to take a guy that would be taken right around where we'll draft at a position that is now of dire need is ridiculous.
Sorry man, I shouldn't have said "dumb". You know full well what I think of you and your opinions. Much respect here and you know that.

OT is the same position it was before the injury. Most of the guys that could replace Eric Fisher right away are going top 10-15. We have no realistic or practical shot at those guys.

So we're sitting at #32, just like we always were, and there's guys available that were available before the injury. They're either worth #32 or they're not. Fisher's injury doesn't change our draft board at all.

Unless you're going to panic and take an OT at #32 that wasn't on the list prior to Fisher's injury. That would be a bad move, period.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote