Thread: Movies and TV The Hunters on Amazon
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 09:59 AM   #4
the great pumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Yeah, agreed hence my "B" level comment. It's at least an homage, tip of the cap to Tarantino. I saw some of these 1970's movies in a theater. Definitely feels like those so far.
There is no denying that this is trying to capture the feel of a Tarantino movie. The sudden burts of graphic violence, the humor, the way the Hunters are introduced, even the outfits seem like they'd fit in a Tarantino flick.

A lot of folks have tried to remake Pulp Fiction and most have missed the mark by a long shot. The Boondock Saints and Suicide Kings pop into my head as two big misses. Get Shorty (probably due to its source material) came the closest. The Hunters goes in a different direction in its Tarantino-ness (there is a lot more Tarantino to draw from these days) and I find it entertaining (so far).

I think we are on the exact same page.

I really expected to hear a lot more talk about the show. Amazon has been promoting it for a long time. I've been looking forward to it as much if not more than Better Call Saul coming back and it hasn't made much of an impact (at least in the sources I follow for entertainment news).
heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.