Thread: Movies and TV The Hunters on Amazon
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by heapshake View Post
I'm a little worried that Nazis infiltrating the government is going to be where they try to achieve some sort of depth and I don't think they will have the ability to pull it off.
I hope not. Thats not what this movie does but......Pacino signed on so maybe it gets serious later or Amazon offered him grand kids generational changing money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by heapshake View Post
I can definitely see the Tarantino aspects to it but to me it appears to be closer to the b movies that Tarantino repurposes than actual Tarantino. It is the cheesy nazi flick combined with a 70s cop drama and a blaxploitation film all in one. Tarantino takes those and elevates them with interesting themes and great dialog. Hunters just has the cheese (at least so far). But it does cheese pretty well.
Yeah, agreed hence my "B" level comment. It's at least an homage, tip of the cap to Tarantino. I saw some of these 1970's movies in a theater. Definitely feels like those so far.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.