View Single Post
Old 12-25-2021, 08:19 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Harris is primarily a coverage LB/WILL only type. He's much better out in space than he is filling at the LOS. He would be filling the Sorensen/Niemann role IMO.

Gay is our SAM and it's probably the best spot for him.

I do think this defense will move towards a model that is less reliant on safeties but just don't think they've had the LBs built up to make it happen to this point. It's slowly moving that way though. Veach has addressed LB repeatedly since he's come on board but not all of it has worked out.
I've literally not seen Gay at SAM all season. He's always on the weak side, or the QB's left. I've seen Bolton there in base, when Hitchens is at MLB.

I've not seen Gay line up on the TE or strong side at all, whatsoever. Perhaps I've just missed it.

I know that LAST season, they were working him in at SAM as it's the simpler position schematically and he has the size to do it, but I've not seen him in that slot at all this year.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.