View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 08:17 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
The team desperately needs youth at the DE position.

The team desperately needs talent at the WR position.

The team desperately needs bodies throughout the back seven.

The team desperately needs options at tackle for 2023.

The team desperately needs more dynamic RBs.

We've got 1 1st and 1 2nd. We simply can't address every position. Free agency is going to have to band-aid some situations.

I'm not sure I agree we 'desperately need' all of this.

We DO desperately need to restock WR talent, no doubt. So that's high on the draft priority list.

Do we desperately need bodies through the back seven? Well, let's look. If you don't extend HB and you cut Sorensen, then you'll need to sign a FA S and probably draft a guy as well as bring back a Watts or something. So yeah. But even if you let Ward walk, you still have Sneed, Fenton, Hughes, and Baker. That's actually not bad at all-but I would still continue to hunt those mid to late round diamonds that Veach keeps finding. So, I'd say a S somewhere in that 3rd to 4th range is a good slot and a CB late.

We desperately need OT options? We have loads of options. Re-sign Brown, tag and keep Brown, tag and trade Brown and draft his replacement with that pick, there is FA, you could bring back Fisher if he's healthy. Niang has been fine for a rookie, it's just that Humphrey and Smith have been otherwordly good that make him the weak link. There's no reason to think he can't do it. You need a better swing tackle, that's about all, really.

Do we desperately need a more dynamic RB? We could use one, but realizing that again, that position will never be more than an afterthought as a RUNNER I wouldn't do so early. No earlier than say, 3rd or 4th round for what will be a rotational player and a handful to maybe two handfulls of carries a game.

And finally, I do agree we will desperately need a total rebuild of the DE position. We'll need to move on from Clark, and that leaves us with Kaindoh and Danna. I'd happily bring Engram back on a reasonable deal, sign an Ogbah level guy, and draft a Drake Jackson/Myjai Sanders type guy in round 1. That should give you solid starter level talent with the youngsters rotating in to keep everyone fresh.

So I see DE as priority one. WR as priority two. Safety as priority 3.

Last edited by Chris Meck; 12-24-2021 at 08:39 AM..
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote