View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
We still need a starting CB or at least somebody that can compete on the outside for one of the two spots.

We have no depth at safety, Watts getting hurt is almost a given, and despite the hope Lucas gave us all last year, I'm not comfortable going into the season with him and Sorenson competing for a starting spot.

The back end of this defense is BY FAR the most important question mark on the whole team. The QB threw for 50 TDs and they led the league in sacks. At the most critical times (at New England, the AFCCG) it was the secondary that failed. Over and over again.
Sorensen is NOT a FS. He's HB's back-up.

I don't know that Watts missing time is a given. Lucas was serviceable; notice that it was Berry that got eaten alive against NE. If both go down, HB takes FS and Sorensen takes SS.

It's not ideal, but no team is 3 deep anywhere.

I'm not saying we shouldn't draft a safety, or a CB. I absolutely would, and I'd take them high. I just think that right now DE and LB are spots we have zero depth at. Kpass is your back-up DE right now, with Speaks and Okafor starting. I still like his potential and with this staff, maybe they find it, but I don't like banking on it. Right now you have Hitchens, Ragland, Wilson and O'Daniel at LB. Niemann maybe. That's pretty thin.

Breeland, Fuller, Ward is better than anything we trotted out last year.
Honey Badger, Watts/Lucas is better than anything we trotted out last year.

incrementally perhaps, but it is.

I still want another CB, S, DE, LB between now and camp either as FA or high picks.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.