Thread: Poop Netflix slant
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 03:11 PM   #14
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I get what you're saying here and I agree.

The "POC" is used in the media at a disproportionate rate compared to reality. Matter of fact, i had this talk with my son just a few days ago regarding gays and transgenders being wildly over represented in media, and not truly reflective of society.

Nor are they nearly even close to being as accepted in society as social media/T.V would have you believe.

But like you said, i have a hard time giving a shit, at least in most instances.
You wanna REALLY set people off - man, I've had some pretty rough judges in my day. But the whole time I can only think of maybe 5-6 that were absolute TRASH. I mean just won't do the work, don't know the law, just flat suck at their jobs.

3 of those 5-6 were black women. And one of them I actually enjoyed practicing in front of because she was the devil I knew. We got along well, I got done what I needed to get done 99 times out of 100. But I knew she sucked at her job - I shouldn't have been able to manage some of what I did. Another was formally censured by the state of Missouri for having her clerks sign her shit and run her dockets for her. Judges NEVER get that sort of reprimand. I think the Bar even recommended her 'do not retain'. The only other judge I know that to have happened to was Judge Hood out in STL (white guy) who was so damn aggressive that he manage to make both sides hate him. That's a rare sort of asshole there.

It's apropos of nothing (probably) but it still kinda cracks me up. Meanwhile can think of 4 judges that I absolutely respect the hell out of. I prefer taking Ls with these 4 over Ws with others because come what may, I know I had to be on top of my game and if I wasn't, I'd get called out for it in a fair but firm manner. Exceptionally well versed, bright, fair judges. I've defended these judges to people that really dislike them because they struggle with them.

3 guys, 1 woman - three white (including the woman), one Hispanic. Tough operators but they know their stuff backwards and forwards.

But the bottom line is the legal profession ain't the most representative one out there and what examples, at least at the higher ranks, I can think of - well they aren't often the bastions of justice and fairness typically suggested by television.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote