Thread: Poop Netflix slant
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 02:57 PM   #12
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I think this is where I am.

Very infrequently will an otherwise good show, work some bullshit in there that is offputting to a middle aged middle class white dude that tries to raise his kids to evaluate people based on merit. But I have a pretty decent filter of what sucks.

But hell if you do that, you'll have to shut off a lot more than Netflix. Disney's last movie they put out, I think called Turning Red was about a girl getting her period. Not something I want my 8 year old daughter to be exposed to just yet.

Fact is there is content bombarding us, and more often than not it is slanted some way or the other.
My 8 yr old watched it and would NEVER have made the connection. Never did. By the time they will, they're ready for it.

But again, that movie just sucked out loud. It was really awful. Not interesting, not funny, not unique. Just bad and hackneyed and tortured and slow. But as we were watching it I told my wife "lord, this things going to be critically acclaimed and get like 98% on rotten tomatoes because critics LOVE patting themselves on the back" Sure enough - "Best thing Pixar has ever done!!!"

But compare that to even their more obscure stuff like Wall-E. Or Zootopia, which was a MAJOR cringe when it came to just obnoxiously thinly veiled racism and climate crap. But at least Zootopia was actually good. It was funny. It had a fox and a goddamn rabbit as the main character and yet my kids didn't struggle to 'relate' because there weren't tiny little white kids telling them that racism ain't cool.

Toy Story wouldn't wipe its ass with Turning Red and the viewing audience absolutely knows this. But critics can't jerk themselves off to white male main characters. It's the same circle jerk echo chamber crap that the entertainment industry has always been. But audiences know better.

They're not fleeing woke, they're fleeing bad.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.