Thread: Poop Netflix slant
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 02:46 PM   #8
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Looking at the media center here - look at Ozark, for example.

See many black folks on that show? Nope. Because...well, we've all been to Camden County. They didn't go off the rails to hammer some diversity agenda into the show.
And is the 'strong female lead' a likeable character? Oh hell no. Who's the character that gets the most sympathetic treatment? Really seems like Marty to me. And if not Marty, it's Jonah. Darlene is nuttier than a shithouse rat whereas Jacob was not cast in nearly as negative a light.

Granted, I haven't seen the back half of this last season yet so maybe Marty slaps on a clan hood and the good citizens of Osage Beach are ultimately saved by the military arm of the Black Panthers. But it seems pretty unlikely.

Like I said - not seeing it. For every 'celebrate black history' documentary I've seen, there's some movie with Chris Pratt hunting aliens. It's just lost it's hold on the industry, quality has slipped, value has also slipped and as such it's in fairly steep decline. Blockbuster didn't need to get woke to get passed by Netflix and Netflix isn't getting passed because it went woke.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote