Thread: Poop Netflix slant
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 02:45 PM   #6
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Overton Window stuff.

I mean I've been in front of literally hundreds of judges. Honestly at this point probably over a thousand given the number of states I've practiced in. Off the top of my head I can think of 8-10 of them that were black. 3 of those in St. Louis City, 1 in NM, 1 in OK, 1 in KC. Gimme a minute and I could probably come up with a few others.

But there are a hell of a lot fewer of them in real life than there are on television, that's for damn sure. But performative 'representation' doesn't get met with bad reviews. You see it in commercials and such as well. You cast a legal drama that perfectly mirrors the profession and you can bet your ass you'll get excoriated for a lack of diversity. Do it in a way that's completely out of whack with the boots on the ground reality and you just won't hear the same kind of outrage the other direction over 'realism'.

I just can't claim to give much of a shit. It's your basic squeaky wheel thing.
I get what you're saying here and I agree.

The "POC" is used in the media at a disproportionate rate compared to reality. Matter of fact, i had this talk with my son just a few days ago regarding gays and transgenders being wildly over represented in media, and not truly reflective of society.

Nor are they nearly even close to being as accepted in society as social media/T.V would have you believe.

But like you said, i have a hard time giving a shit, at least in most instances.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.