Thread: Poop Netflix slant
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 02:33 PM   #3
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

It's possible I just motor past bullshit I don't care about moreso than most.

But apart from that fairly reprehensible show that very obviously sexualized 9 yr olds a year or so ago, I don't recall any overt pivot into 'wokeness' by Netflix.

And shows like Russian Doll have a hell of a lot of female empowerment 'strong woman' vibes, but hell man, it's just a show with a female lead. They also do plenty to make that person extremely unlikeable as just something of a narcissistic assbag. I don't think they paint her as some superhero by any means.

I mean just a couple weeks ago they sent out that email to employees essentially telling them to get over themselves or **** off as it relates to 'problematic' content.

Ultimately Netflix has just misfired a LOT of late. And meanwhile a lot of their subscriber losses seem to be to places like HBO and Disney that are as bad or worse when it comes to peddling this crap. You telling me HBO wouldn't have run with "Don't Look Up"? Of course they would've. The problem with that movie was that for all its star power, it was just bad. It was so on the nose that it probably should've just been a 5 minute SNL skit.

And was that fishing documentary any different than Blackfish like 5 years ago that took shots at Sea World and 'zoo culture' in general? Are there more preachy documentaries? Sure - so don't watch 'em. There's more OTHER shit on there too.

It just feels to me like Netflix lost it's monopoly on the streaming market, lost a bunch of rights deals as networks got their own streaming services off the ground, had some high profile misfires on simply bad movies (that Cumberbatch thing that critics liked that was boring as hell) and simply lost ground.

I don't see 'wokeness' as driving this. But again - maybe I just zip some of this crap or have become immune to it more than others.

Last edited by DJ's left nut; 05-18-2022 at 02:39 PM..
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote