Thread: Mock (6/21)
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 05:11 AM   #25
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Since Veach took over, the Chiefs have traded for two defensive ends and signed others off the scrap heap, while Michael Danna was a 5th rounder.

I don't see the Chiefs drafting two defensive ends early because it's highly unlikely either of those guys can be immediate starters on a championship team, especially considering they'll be drafting 31st or 32nd in each round.

I think the Chiefs would trade for another DE before drafting one late in the first.

And drafting two guys at the same position in the same draft early rarely, if ever, works out. Teams would be lucky to hit on ONE guy, let alone, two. That's a waste of valuable, cheap resources.
I agree it makes more sense for the Chiefs to trade for a DE who can play now (especially because the free agent market at DE is not great).

But, two issues.

The Chiefs have the fewest players under contract in the NFL in 2022. And filling that roster is going to cost coin. Bargains will be made somewhere, and a cheap, good player for 5 years makes the most sense for a roster hunting for live bodies.

The second issue I alluded to above: cap space is going to be surprisingly tighter for this team going forward, even with the quickly rising cap.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.